Answers to Auto Accident Property Damage Questions
[et_pb_dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_module admin_label="Breadcrumbs" _builder_version="3.24" fontsbreadcrumblinks_font="||||||||" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color="#febd0e" custom_margin="||0px" custom_margin_tablet="||30px" custom_margin_phone="||30px" custom_margin_last_edited="on|desktop" custom_padding_tablet="||30px" custom_padding_phone="" custom_padding_last_edited="on|tablet" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color__hover_enabled="on" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color__hover="#ffffff"][/et_pb_dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_module]

Answers to Auto Accident Property Damage Questions

by | Mar 10, 2021 | Firm News

If you were in a car accident it’s crucial that you hire a personal injury attorney immediately. I will guide you through the claims process and ensure that you aren’t taken advantage of by the insurance company. I have four decades of experience in personal injury law, especially auto accident claims. Our firm is known not only for its success in these types of cases but for my dedication to each my clients

What do I do after the accident has occurred?

The first step you need to take is to call the at-fault driver’s insurance company and notify them of the car accident. You will need to arrange to have the damage to your car evaluated. If the other driver has not notified the insurance company already they may wait to admit liability until they have reviewed the accident facts. Other than arranging for them to assess the damage to your vehicle do not make any agreements with the insurance company until you have consulted with a personal injury lawyer. The insurance company may attempt to have you settle prematurely for less than what you are owed. Please call me today at [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-REGULAR-NUMBER-1″] if you have any questions about your car accident or personal injury claim. I provide free consultations.

What do I have the right to recover in property damages?
When it comes to property damages in a car accident case you have the right to have your car repaired if it is not determined to be a total loss. If your car has been labeled as a complete loss by the insurance adjustor then you are entitled to receive the full amount that your car was worth right before the accident took place. It is important to note that this is not the amount the car was worth when you bought it. The amount you are due is what the value of the car was when the accident occurred.

Can the insurance company use after-market parts when repairing my vehicle?
As long as the parts are of the same quality as the parts the manufacturer would provide then yes they can.

Should I have more than one estimate on the repairs to my vehicle?
While you can, it is not necessary. The insurance adjuster will determine and estimate the cost of repairs. You may then have your vehicle repaired at the auto shop of your choice. Should they find that the estimate was too low or that the adjustor missed repairs that needed to be made when performing the inspection, the shop will inform the insurance company. They can then work out further payment for repairs.

Will the at-fault party’s insurance company provide me with a rental car?
It depends on the circumstances. While Vermont Insurance Regulations require that the negligent driver’s insurance company provide a rental car in certain circumstances there is no enforcement provision to this rule. That said I have been able to convince many insurance adjusters to provide a rental car in many instances. I will try and answer any and all questions you have concerning your claim. Why not put my experience to work for you?