9/7/20 Should I Call an Attorney if I am in a Car Accident?
[et_pb_dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_module admin_label="Breadcrumbs" _builder_version="3.24" fontsbreadcrumblinks_font="||||||||" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color="#febd0e" custom_margin="||0px" custom_margin_tablet="||30px" custom_margin_phone="||30px" custom_margin_last_edited="on|desktop" custom_padding_tablet="||30px" custom_padding_phone="" custom_padding_last_edited="on|tablet" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color__hover_enabled="on" fontsbreadcrumblinks_text_color__hover="#ffffff"][/et_pb_dcsbcm_divi_breadcrumbs_module]

9/7/20 Should I Call an Attorney if I am in a Car Accident?

by | Sep 7, 2020 | Firm News

Many times people call me and ask if it is worth hiring a personal injury lawyer for their car accident claim. I will usually represent anyone who suffered personal injuries even if they only have an emergency room visit if liability is clear. I charge a contingent fee so there is no out of pocket payment from my client. The phone call to David Polow is free so why not call to find out what your options are. My number is [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-REGULAR-NUMBER-1″] and I am available seven days a week.

The first thing that you should do after getting injured in an accident is get medical treatment. That means, if you have even the slightest sense that you are hurt, go to the emergency room or make an appointment see your doctor. Not only is this the right thing to do for your health, but, if you don’t see a doctor for some time after an accident, the insurance adjuster will probably assume that your injuries aren’t that serious.

Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer

For any claim, it’s usually a good idea to at least discuss your situation with a personal injury attorney. You can handle a small personal injury claim yourself (as long as you’re comfortable with the process and confident you can get a fair result), but you will absolutely need a lawyer for any personal injury claim where you suffered significant injury, or the other side is putting up a fight on key issues. In general, if you are out of work for more than a couple of days, if you break a bone, or if your medical bills total more than a couple of thousand dollars, you should talk to a lawyer. But why not call David Polow since the call is free just to be sure your rights are protected. And if you do represent yourself please remember to make sure in writing that all medical bills, medical liens and subrogation claims are satisfied.

Some people have hired me because through no fault of their own they were unable to get the medical bills paid. Other people have hired me as their personal injury attorney because they simply couldn’t get insurance adjusters to return their calls. The last thing you want is debt collectors harassing you a year after you received the settlement check because the bills were not paid in full.